[En-Nut-Discussion] Weird Ethernut Issue (I'm a noob, so it's probably something simple)

Kyle Klosinski kyleklosinski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 00:28:48 CEST 2004

I have an Ethernut 1.3 rev F that had had the webport program
installed on it. I wanted to reinstall basemon (as downloaded from
ethernut.de) to help me learn the program. I tried and tried to get
the computer to communicate with the ethernut through stk500.exe in
the AVR studio package (I'm just using the basic ISP dongle). The prg
LED was not on, only the Link and Pwr, and occasionally the act LED. I
found some reference somewhere to jumping JP4 (the jumper right next
to the 10-pin connector on the board), so I tried it. This lit the prg
LED. That let me write to the ethernut. However, after writing the
basemon hex file and reseting the board, the Link LED did not come on,
but the Activity LED is constantly on. I tried removing the jumper on
J4 and the programming connector, and the only change is that the prg
light goes off then. I've tried reseting it, erasing it, re-writing to
it, etc. What's wrong with it?