[En-Nut-Discussion] New user and the reset button

Scott m Goeken scott at goeken.org
Mon May 10 03:54:15 CEST 2004

I just got the Ethernet 2,  I can run all the example programs but I can't get
them to access the ethernet unless I press reset.

Example BaseMon by just plugging in the power supply Note it says I have no
NIC.

BaseMon 4.0.2
Nut/OS 3.4.2.1
Compiled by AVRGCC for ATmega128
Baudrate select = 23
External RAM Test... 44800 bytes
Banked RAM Test...   30 banks, 16384 bytes ea.
Detecting NIC...     none
I/O Port Test...     OK

Press any of the following keys:
    B - Send broadcasts
    E - Ethernet controller read/write
    J - Jump to bootloader
    S - SRAM read/write

If I press reset I get this: now it finds my NIC
BaseMon 4.0.2
Nut/OS 3.4.2.1
Compiled by AVRGCC for ATmega128
Baudrate select = 23
External RAM Test... 44800 bytes
Banked RAM Test...   30 banks, 16384 bytes ea.
Detecting NIC...     LAN91C111
Testing NIC...       OK
I/O Port Test...     OK

Press any of the following keys:
    B - Send broadcasts
    E - Ethernet controller read/write
    J - Jump to bootloader
    S - SRAM read/write
    X - Exit BaseMon, configure network and start WebServer

This is consistant with every program I try to run.

My question is basically is this the way it is supposed to work or am I
missing a step.

Thanks
Scott