[En-Nut-Discussion] Using NutOS without external SRAM?

Marc Wetzel mwse at gmx.de
Sun May 16 12:37:34 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

as far as I know, nothing has to be taken "extra-care" of, if you are using
a supported platform.
My minimal configuration was a STK500/501 with an atmega128 installed (no
external sram) only using some portpins and the uarts.

Normally I develop the other way around. Using "big" hardware to develop and
after finishing the release I determine how big the hardware must be.

This time I did it the other way around, because it had to be done because
of the size and price of the target application.

I suppose you should give it a try, carefully inspect the used
register-names in the atmega256 header-file. They must not only match by
name, but the meaning must be the same :)

It should be no more difficult as the transition from atmega103 to the
atmega128 :o).

Is the atmega256 commercially available?

Best wishes,
/Marc