[En-Nut-Discussion] ethernut on OS X

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 25 11:18:57 CEST 2005

Hi Christoph,

I don't have a ethernut board (until now). I have some BTnodes
(www.btnode.ethz.ch)
on which we run the current Nut/OS (configured for our hardware)
with a Bluetooth Stack, Chipcon RF drivers and some extra drivers
for extra RAM / Bootloader support and an additional 8-bit latch
that we use as output pins and call it BTnut.

Mostly, I use a serial bootloader for uploading which is actually
faster then
the SDK 500 / AVRISP that I had used to write the bootloader in the
first place.

I've never used a JTAG for debugging or programming so far (whatever
OS).
Some colleagues here did, but on Windows and/or Linux.

Whatever the guys on linux do, it should work on Mac, too.
As far as I know, the AVR JTAG is using the standard serial port
to connect, so there should not be much problems.

Matthias