[En-Nut-Discussion] FreeBSD as development environment for Nut/OS?

Phil Maker pjm at gnu.org
Fri Aug 5 00:28:55 CEST 2005

Harald Kipp wrote:
> There are problems with building from the autoconfiscated
> source archive and you have to be prepared to fiddle around
> with Lua and wxWidgets libs. But even if all this fails
> you can still build Nut/OS w/o the configurator within
> the source tree.

The typical problems as Harald said are to do with the build system
and FreeBSD use of version numbers, e.g. autoconf is installed
as autocon213 (or whatever). There are also a couple of paths
that are wrong. Here is my setup which works fairly well:

NutOS: most recent entry in ChangeLog is 2005-03-30 (later versions I had
	some problems with autoconf, etc. they should be fairly easy to fix
	but I ended up in autoconf version hell).

FreeBSD: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2

Ports installed:

avr-binutils-2.15_1 GNU binutils for Atmel AVR 8-bit RISC cross-development
avr-gcc-3.4.3       FSF GCC 3.x for Atmel AVR 8-bit RISC cross-development
avr-gdb-5.3_1       GNU GDB 5.2.1 for the AVR target
avr-libc-1.2.3,1    A C and math library for the Atmel AVR controller family
avrdude-4.4.0.20050211 Program for programming the on-chip memory of Atmel AVR CPU
lua-5.0.2           Small, compilable scripting language providing easy access
wxgtk2-2.4.2_9      The wxWidgets GUI toolkit with GTK+ bindings

--
Phil Maker <pjm at gnu.org>,   ``Above all, I believe that very flexible, certainly divergent,
+61 08 8947 0933 (W)          and possibly even inconsistent policies are required to