[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with simple RTL8019 driver in eboot

Christian.Schilmoeller at camco.de Christian.Schilmoeller at camco.de
Fri Dec 2 16:20:52 CET 2005

I've not yet solved my problems completely, but it seems it has something
to do with the way error conditions from the RTL8019 chip are treated.
It's about the ISR register (NIC_PG0_ISR).
I haved looked closely into the RTL8019AS datasheet, but it says little
about how ethernet packets are to be transferred between uC and ethernet
chip (DMA, polling, interrupts and so on). Most of the stuff is about PnP.
I guess it is not described exactly there because the RTL8019 is just a
clone of another ethernet chip (NE2000), except for the PnP features.
Can someone point me to a resource on the internet that describes the data
transfer on the uC side of these chips in a more general way?

Thanks in advance,

Christian