[En-Nut-Discussion] debugging ethernut apps

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Wed Feb 23 23:16:57 CET 2005

Hello Ernst,

I stopped "coffing" and since the advent of AVR studio 4.11, the
ELF/dwarf-2 format seems to work reasonably well. The intermediate step
to create a coff file is not needed any more.

I compiled the Nut/OS libs using the following flag for compiler and linker:

   -g3 -gdwarf-2

It put these flags into UserConf.mk.

Then I also compiled my apps using the same flags into an .elf file.
Load this .elf file into AVRStudio and you can start source level
debugging incl. Nut/Os routines.

The only draw back is that AVRStudio can't find main() by itself because
Nut/OS overrides main.

Use the project wizard to load the elf file and to select the programmer.

Cheers

Henrik

FOCUS Software Engineering Pty Ltd
Brisbane, Australia - Web: www.focus-sw.com
Phone: +61-402 970 933 - Fax: +61-7-3009 0399