[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling Nut/OS for AT91

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 14 16:02:19 CET 2005

Hi Lars,

On Windows I used various GCC implementations. At least in the
German distribution of the AT91EB40A there is a version from
http://www.isystem.com/
which worked out of the box. I also used the package from
http://www.charmedlabs.com/
which comes with the XPort 2.0. Finally there's arm-elf-gcc
from cygwin. I'd recommend to install cygwin anyway.
There's also
http://www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/arm_projects/#winarm
but haven't tried that one.

I looked to the SAM devices too and think, that Atmel made a
smart move by offering these chips as replacements for 8-bit
controllers. I'm missing the external address/data bus, but
still, most interesting.

Harald