[En-Nut-Discussion] Linux GCC Build of ethernut-3.8/3.9 - SuSE 9.3 Problems

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri May 20 20:46:30 CEST 2005

Hello Grahame,

I'm busy on exactly this topic. I'd not waste any more time
on ethernut-3.9.5, because 3.9.6 moved to wxWidgets 2.6.0.

And from experience with Debian and Fedora (and OS X done by
Evgeni Dobrev, Matthias Ringwald as well as Gentoo by Thomas Drueke),
it is very difficult to get different *nix flavors running
by prepared bin packages. Different lib names and install
directories can make one running totally "Ethernuts".

For now I'd suggest to get Nut/OS from CVS HEAD as well as

autoconf 2.59a and automake1.9 as bin-packages
build wxWidgets from wxGTK-2.6.0.tar.bz2 (configure --disable-shared)
libgtk2.0-dev as a bin-package
doxygen 1.4.2, doxygen-doc 1.4.2 and graphviz 2.2.1 as bin-packages
build Lua from lua-5.0.2.tar.gz

I'd uninstall wxGTK 2.4 and the Lua package first.

Getting Ehternut's CVS HEAD is quite easy on Linux. Follow
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=34079

Change to the nut directory and run
$ aclocal
$ autoconf
$ autoheader
$ automake --add-missing
$ ./configure
$ make
# make install

But before have a look at bug #1205835. As a temporary
fix remove tools/crurom/dirent.h and tools/nutconf/dirent.h.

Most packages are available on Debian testing only. Actually
I moved to Sage now, after I spoiled my mixed system.
For Fedora I'm still with Core 3.

I'm sorry for not being able to provide more details right
now, because I'm in the process to sort things out too.
But do not hesitate to post any positive or negative results.

Harald