[En-Nut-Discussion] Multiline LCD: How to write on second line?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Mon May 23 15:59:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I've connected a standard HD44780 LCD display to my Ethernut board. The LCD
> works, with the NutRegisterDevice and printf functions I can write to it.
> The problems is that the text appears on the first line with a command like
> this:

first question: What layout does your display have? The standard NutOS
driver seems to be only suitable for 16x2 displays.

The NutOS terminal emulation is somewhat compatible to VT52 and you
could use a function like this.

void lcd_gotoxy(u_char x, u_char y)
{
    printf(ESC_POS "%c%c", y+32, x+32);
}

Where counting starts with 0.

If you'll use another display layout you need to change the driver code.

I'm working on a patch for the current display driver to support more
display types and also busy flag read back. I'll check in these changes
after testing them carefully. This will take me one more week...

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19