[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS AT90CAN128 Update

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Thu Sep 1 11:04:38 CEST 2005

Hello list,

after spending quite a bit of time on porting Nut/OS to the AT90CAN128
MCU a few months ago, I then stopped my porting efforts and even the
production of our Ethernut compatible AT90CAN128 based XNUT-105 board
after I discovered the xram stack silicon bug of the AT90CAN128. In the
mean time the silicon bug has been confirmed by Atmel and made it's way
into the official errata.

Sometimes it is good idea to stop a project where you get stuck because
of unforeseen circumstances and continue after a break with fresh ideas.
I now found a reasonable simple way to modify the stack allocation
mechanism of Nut/OS to operate two heaps, one for data and one for stack.

The concept has proven to work and I am running reliably the httpd demo
application on our XNUT-105 board.

I will continue to fine-tune this approach and soon discuss in his forum
the best model to integrate my AT90CAN128 Nut/OS branch with the
official Nut/OS head revision.

Henrik
--
proconX - Protocol Converter, Device Server and Industrial Gateways
http://www.proconx.com  Tel: +61-7-3376 3911   Fax: +61-7-3102 9206