[En-Nut-Discussion] Trouble with nutconf and 'nut' subdirectory + make question

Christian.Schilmoeller at camco.de Christian.Schilmoeller at camco.de
Fri Sep 2 13:33:36 CEST 2005

I've had the problem with the disappearing *.elf-files, too. The "rm"
command is found nowhere in the makefile, but nevertheless "make" performs
this delete operation. The reason for this is that "make" regards the
*.elf-file as a temporary one, not as a target of the build process. IIRC,
I solved this problem by copying the line that generates the *.elf-file
into the section that lists the targets (the *.hex-file is also found
there). The changes must be applied to a file named "Makerules" found in
the Ethernut directory.
I'm not 100% sure about this, just to give you a hint. Unfortunately, the
make manual is a big chunk... I've also read something about the PRECIOUS
keyword that does something similar (preserves files that would be deleted
otherwise).