[En-Nut-Discussion] Bootstrapping a new board

Elan Feingold elan at bluemandrill.com
Mon Dec 18 22:02:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have a new Ethernut-derived board that I'm working on bringing up.
The CPU boots up, and the JTAG port seems to work. Now I would like
to bring up the memory subsystem, but I'm in a bit of a chicken-or-
egg scenario. Is there any way Nut/OS can run without the extra SRAM
so that I can test other portions, or do I need to get the memory
working right off the bat? And what's the best way to do this, should
I extract the memory handling portion from Nut/OS for use in testing?

Oh, and besides setting the right fuse bits, are there any other
little gotchas I should worry about?

Many thanks,

-elan