[En-Nut-Discussion] I have successfully compiled and debugged with symbols!

Michael Fischer fischermi at t-online.de
Tue Feb 7 19:28:00 CET 2006

Hello Chuck,

>One thing that I'm curious about though:  Does anyone know why one would
have to
>compile Nut with symbols in order to debug with symbols on the application
code?

I think the "problem" is the NutInitXRAM function and other Nut/OS fucntions
which
are called before your main. All these functions are part of the libraries.

AVRStudio could be confused and does not able to debug the application code,
if
the application has debug information, but the library not.

But I do not know why only GCC application has this problems. With ICCAVR I
could
debug my application, even the libraries are build without debug
information.
But with ICCAVR, I found no way, to debug in the library.

You see, it depends from the compiler too :-)

Regards,

Michael