[En-Nut-Discussion] 4.0.2 compile problem with application

José Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Wed Feb 8 18:20:54 CET 2006

Hi Peter.

I am sure I cannot help you with your particular problem, but...

Peter Sodermanns wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>

> What I have done:
> - Uninstalled both V 4.0.2 and V 3.9.1
> - Freshly installed V 4.0.2 in D:\Work\ethernut-4.0.2\

Here is where I can say something. What do you call "uninstall" and a
fresh instalation? Did you just uninstall everything and then reinstall
everything?

This is not enough for a really "fresh" installation, because the
Nutconf program leaves some stuff in the windows registry that is NOT
deleted when uninstalling. Thus, when you install another version of
ethernut, nutconf will find the stuff left in the registry by the older
Nutconf. Got it?

So, if you really want a fresh installation you have to delete the entry
in the registry of windows before installing anything.

So:
-uninstall
-clean registry
-install newer version.

How to clean the registry? Just in case, one simply way is to go to a
command prompt and type "regedit". In my computer I can find the entry
under HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->egnite
Then you will see a "NutConf" "folder". Delete that one.

> - Lost substantial amount of hair
> - ...

Yep, you should see me before and after I realized about this ;-) ...
although it is "documented" in
http://www.ethernut.de/en/software/nutconf.html (it took me long to find it)

Anyway, just wanted to point out about this "detail" that has caused me
so much problems, just in case. As the documentation says, -"when
everything is a mess, clean the registry"-. That helped me with weird
problems.

Good luck!

(was it Aplecin forte? hummmm... ;-) )