[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems compiling NutOS 4.1.3

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 13:42:12 CET 2006

> Please make sure you didn't mismatch the installation paths.
> After upgrading, the Configurator still loads the old
> repository and sets all those old paths.
I did this already. At first attempt Configurator destroys my old NutOS
because of this. Now I have learned that.

For now I exported the registry tree and start configurator via a batch
which first reloads the right registry. So I can switch between the two
versions I use. I would suggest to use a simple ini file located in the nut
conf directory where the loaded conf file resides instead of using the
registry. This would cause much less trouble when using different versions
at the same time.

But I still didn't find why the ETHERNUT2 define isn't there. With the
workaround, defining ETHERNUT2 in the application's source file, I can
compile httpd and also my application.

httpd works fine, but my application seems to not initialize the Ethernet
Controller. I get no errors on the console, even DHCPConfig tells me a valid
IP address. But the board doesn't respond to network requests (http, ping).
Also the LINK LED doesnot light up, not on the Nut and not on the hub.

I have no idea where to look for the error.

bye
Thorsten