Images not showing on browser, perhaps due to dataflash hogging CPU? Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] user page written in html or ????

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Wed May 10 22:34:55 CEST 2006

Hugo

a slight twist in the thread if I may.

I have also found that nut web pages with many photos dont display all
of them.  I have found that both browser type and link speed/propagation
delay affect the result.    Another major factor is "how busy" the nut
is doing other things.  The more threads and stuff, the more likely that
images wont get served up.

At this stage I have not spend much time looking into it as it was
quicker to remove the images for the required result.

A simple ethereal trace combined with a uart output log of request
submissions processed ought to show you where the loss of message is
occurring.  I suspect that the browser sends multiple requests, one for
each image and that the ethernut, is not keeping up - perhaps due to the
non interuptible nature of the dataflash file routines.  I added some
yields between blocks into the xflash functions and got some improvement
so suspect that some focus here to make the dataflash functions more
interupt based would yield results.

A Question for the ethernet guys - how does the ethernet chip(s) on the
Ethernut 1 and 2 handle multiple incoming TCP requests if they are not
processed by nutos before the next one is received - do we lose old ones
or new ones? or do they queue up (how big is the queue?).

Hugo, please let me know of progress.  This would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brett