[En-Nut-Discussion] visualization problems of nutconf in Linux

José Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Tue Jan 15 17:52:28 CET 2008

Hello all.

Some time ago there was a thread about problems with nutconf in linux.

http://groups.google.com/group/osdeve_mirror_rtos_En-Nut-Discussion/browse_thread/thread/8ab8c664e4ff9b9e/572023d2e3635d35?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=nutconf+debian++linux#572023d2e3635d35

Is there any conclusion or advance about it?

I just installed a fresh Kubuntu 7.10, the packages used in
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/debian.html and ethernut 4.4.0, and
there are annoying visualization problems with the Nut/OS Components
window (or is it called a panel?) that makes it impossible to select or
configure almost anything.

I come from Kubuntu 6.04 and nutconf from 4.2.1 (if I remember
correctly) and with those versions the nutconf was al least "usable"
(with some tricks and workarounds) and there were no serious
visualization problems. Now there are. BTW, resizing the whole window
only helps just to reprint the problematic panel, but when one tries to
"touch it" it blows again.

Anybody else experiencing these problems? Any solutions? Are the Linux
users "forced" then to use nutconfigure? I miss the easiness and clarity
of nutconf, I'd rather use a GUI than a command line, if possible.

Thanks and regards
José