[En-Nut-Discussion] Address space of EIR

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sun Oct 12 20:20:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

> I am looking at the schematic of the EIR board and there is something I find
> strange ...

I'll try to answer at least the first question even if I don't have the
EIR schematic.

> How can I use the address bus on this board? The A0 bit is used for DQML and not
> as an address line. So the address is from A1 to A15 instead of A0 to A15. I can
> understand from A0 to A14 (15 bits instead of 16 bits addressing).

I think the data bus is not 8 but 16 bit or even 32 bit wide. In this
case you can only address every 2nd or 4th address over the address bus
and every memory access is 2 or 4 byte aligned. In this case the first
or first two address lines are not needed.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |