[En-Nut-Discussion] FTP server on Ethernut V 1.3H

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Aug 30 13:57:23 CEST 2009

Hi!

I don't have a enut 1.3 board, but in general, if you want to use FTP
you need something to fetch files from or to store them in. These boards
do not have any storage device of an interesting size for an FTP, so the
filesystem is not activated by default.

So you have two options. Either you attach an external storage device,
like an SD-Card or you build a virtual filesystem inside the small RAM.

You didn't tell about your intention, why you need a FTP for your
system. But if it is for fetching logfiles or measurement data, then you
should think about faking a filesystem and put your mesaurement results
into there. The FTP then can fetch and delete the file but not read.

Best regards,
Ulrich