[En-Nut-Discussion] Non reproduceable reboots on 1.3H

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:41:44 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Daniel<ziu82 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I have investigated a little further and found out, that when the
> function stucks, it is always at EEPROM access.

Internal EEPROM? Or external?

> Now I hab a look at the API sources. I saw that interrupts are not
> disabled before EEPROM access. At other embedded boards one have to
> disable all interrupts before EEPROM access and enable them afterwards.
>
> Can you tell me if the EEPROM access is secured against this behaviour?

True, Atmel does recomends disabling interrupts while accessing the
eeprom (Not sure how if all access should be protected or only
writting). I haven't checked if ethernut does that, but I do that on
my own code before calling ethernut functions.

I never had a problem with the board rebooting, but I did with it
loosing it's eeprom contents, that's when I asked Atmel and added the
eeprom interrupt guard. But my problem wasn't solved by it, I just
left that in the code as precausion. The problem was power line noise
(industrial environment)

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa