[En-Nut-Discussion] Register hostname for Ethernut

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Fri Dec 4 15:02:07 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 02:32:13PM +0100, Daniel wrote:

> [...]

But this is not a problem of Ethernut, it is part of the network setup.
It is the task of your customer to configure his own network.
An ethernut device is just a node in the network.
In the same thing as a phone device is not responsible for making a
public phonebok entry.

You might think about cheap DSL routers, which often provide such a
functionality, but this is only possible because they usually provide
the basic network structure including DNS services.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de