[En-Nut-Discussion] Databus and chip select

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Jul 28 14:59:51 CEST 2009

Hello Hylke,

Faas, Hylke wrote:

> I am trying to use an ADC in combination with the Ethernut 3.0e and
> before I am trying to invent the wheel again I was wondering if there
> are people here who tried something similar.

We connected NCS2 and NCS3 to AD5342BRU and AD5334BRU DACs on a custom
board based on Ethernut 3.

> I was also wondering why I need to change the remapping in the startup
> because this is not a part of "memory" (for as far as you can call it
> memory ;))where I want to launch my application from. Can't I do the
> initialization of this part in the first part of my application?

We missed to do the right remapping in the bootloader first, so it was
done in the application:

int main(void)
{
    /* Early bootloaders do incomplete remapping. */
    outr(EBI_CSR(2), 0x30002E3D);
    outr(EBI_CSR(3), 0x38002E3E);
    outr(EBI_CSR(4), 0x40002E3E);
    outr(EBI_RCR, EBI_RCB);