[En-Nut-Discussion] SPI/Uart

Benoit Smeysters smeystersb at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:39:17 CET 2009

Hi All !

I'am beginner with RTOS and NUT/OS.

I want to purchase Ethernut 1.3 board but I need 3 uarts and only 2 are available in ATmega128.

I think use a SPI/UART converter like MAX3100 (http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1731/t/al).

How can I do to implement this uart ?

Must I implement it in the Hardware of NUT/OS or use the SPI bus with software?

Is it easy to use SPI Bus ?

Do you have a example with how to use SPI bus with NUT/OS ?

I'm hesitating to purchasse Ethernut 1.3 and start with NUT/OS so I need your advices.

Thanks in advance

Benoît Smeysters

Student

Rue des Meuniers 17