[En-Nut-Discussion] Dead Ethernut

Kevin Rock kevinrock at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 3 01:03:23 CET 2009

Hi Pete,
   Your problem sounds much like what I had a few months ago.  I tried AVR Freaks and only got smart ass remarks.  I tried this list and got no response at all.  I figured I had blown the board so I ordered another one and a few other dev boards with the Atmel 128 chip on it.  The Mavric board showed me my code was fine but the programmer code from the AVR studio was flawed.  I had tried flashing the programmer but that changed nothing.  I still could not program my Ethernut board.  It was frozen.  Then the folks who sold me the Mavric board helped me get it working with avrdude.  Now I use the AVR studio environment to write code and debug but program the boards with avrdude.  I have not touched my new Ethernut board at all.  I am programming the old one now with avrdude and there is no problem.  I just avoid using the programming software from AVR studio and I'm fine.  You may want to check the fuses though.  You may have reset one and locked the system.
   Good luck,
      Kevin.