[En-Nut-Discussion] area 'data' not large enough

Jeff Kenny Jeff.Kenny at godfreyhirst.com
Wed Mar 25 05:38:28 CET 2009

Hello All. I've just started playing with my new board and software and
it all looks pretty neat.

However I can't start downloading simple programs until I can replace
the Basemon program.

I'm using the ICCAVR 7.16A ADV compiler, an Ethernut 2.1 board,
Ethernut-4.6.4 O/S and supplied sample programs.

Most sample programs compile properly, but when I compile "Basemon.prj"
I get three errors like

!E <library>(14946): area 'data' not large enough

Want size 52

lo 4347 hi 4351 size 5

.

Any suggestions on what I might do to fix this problem? Thanks Jeff

Please Note:
This email message and any attachments are:
   -  for the named person's use only and only the intended recipient
      may access or use them
   -  confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged
      information. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination,
      disclosure or copying of this material, other than to the
      addressee, or any reading, use, interference with or reliance
      upon any of this material, is unauthorized and prohibited
   -  subject to copyright. No part of them maybe reproduced, adapted
      or transmitted without the written permission of the copyright
      owner.

If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the
sender by return email and delete the email message and any attachments
from your system.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
mistransmission.

except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to
state them to be the views of the Godfrey Hirst Aust Pty Ltd and/or any
of its subsidiaries (the "GHA Group").

Whilst we use software to detect viruses we exclude all liability for
the presence of any virus or alike in any email message or attachments.
The GHA Group respects your privacy.  Our privacy statements can be
accessed from our site - http://www.godfreyhirst.com/privacy-policy.html