[En-Nut-Discussion] Nutconf subtree construction

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 31 14:59:57 CEST 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> When will the code be inside repository?
>
> It's not clear if Hans will contribute his changes, he haven't mentioned.
> Of couse he doesn't have to, but it sure would be nice :)

As long as Microchip hasn't been acquired by Atmel ;), the following
applies:

"Any portion of the Software (including derivatives or modifications
thereof) may not be: embedded on a non-Microchip microcontroller or
digital signal controller; distributed in Source Code or Object Code,
except as described in Section 2(d) below."

Beside all this Pidgin English the contents of the license is complete
crap and full of errors. The obvious intention of this text is to scare
people with the possibility that they may not have understood all parts.
For example, as far as I can see there is no related exception in 2(d).
Just curious how much the lawyers charged Microchip for this rubbish.

Anyway, looks like we are not allowed to distribute the source code.