[En-Nut-Discussion] LCD driver & NutOS build hierarchy

Paolo Simoncelli simonp at email.it
Sat Jun 26 20:45:51 CEST 2010

Hi All ...

Ulrich, following your tip, i had a look to NutOS builing environment
C:\ethernut-<whichever version>\nut   (is this right ? i'm using Windows ...)

Peeking under nut\arch\avr\dev i have found two files:  hd44780_bus.c   hd44780.c
these seems to have been built into nutbld\arch\avr\dev  hd44780_bus.o  hd44780.o

I am quite in trouble now :-(
aren't these already the hd44780 drivers we are talkin' about ?

now, a little general question ... is there some FM that i can RB
to know about NutOS build process and file hierarchy ?

Thank you very much to anyone that will reply

Ciao
Paolo

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:45:59 +0200
>> From: Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net>
>> Subject: Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] new to nutos usage
>> To: "Ethernut User Chat (English)" <en-nut-discussion at egnite.de>
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wrote / reorganized the latest code for a character lcd on an at91
>> board like en3.x or EIR.
>> The driver is almost valid for any kind of CPU bus as I don't have any
>> AVR driven ethernut device, I cannot test. That's the reason why I kept
>> it in arch/arm/dev instead moving it to /dev.
>>
>> So if you take this driver as an example the porting should not be very
>> difficult.
>>
>> Best regards, Ulrich

 Sponsor:
 Sardegna - Stintino Club Hotel CALA ROSA, 4 stelle. Situato in parco di 4  ettari, dotato dei migliori servizi. Dal 28/6 al 10/7  SETTE giorni TUTTO COMPRESO Euro 625
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=10589&d=26-6