[En-Nut-Discussion] LCD driver & NutOS build hierarchy

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sat Jun 26 23:21:37 CEST 2010

Hi Paolo!

Am 26.06.2010 20:45, schrieb Paolo Simoncelli:

> Hi All ...
>
> Ulrich, following your tip, i had a look to NutOS builing environment
> C:\ethernut-<whichever version>\nut   (is this right ? i'm using Windows ...)
>
> Peeking under nut\arch\avr\dev i have found two files:  hd44780_bus.c   hd44780.c
> these seems to have been built into nutbld\arch\avr\dev  hd44780_bus.o  hd44780.o

Yes, these are the drivers you may need :)
You can activate / prepare them in nutconfig by configuring the options
under Architecture/AVR/HD44780 Driver and Bus.

> I am quite in trouble now :-(
> aren't these already the hd44780 drivers we are talkin' about ?

Oh, no, youre troubles are solved, the driver already exists.

> now, a little general question ... is there some FM that i can RB
> to know about NutOS build process and file hierarchy ?

Just use the wiki or the manuals:
http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/Main_Page
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm28e.pdf
And the rest of the pdfs here:
http://www.ethernut.de/en/firmware/nutos.html

But what do you mean with FM? For me it's frequency modulation...

Best regards, Ulrich