[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 4.8.4 not up to date with Yagarto???

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 24 08:55:07 CET 2010

Hi!

It is hard to decide which way to go in that case. If you follow the discussions, lot of people still use 4.3.x version of the gcc toolchain. So modifying that would have caused emails like yours from those guys. The only thing that could solve that would be to add another set of gccs in the compiler selection list of nutconf.
But that would make it longer and longer.

So for now the easiest way is to modify nut/Makevars.xxx-gcc where xxx is your architecture.

ARCH     = xxx
TRGT         = arm-none-eabi-

CortexM3 platform is already modified to that, as it is not supported by older than 4.5.x compilers.

Best Regards
Ulrich