[En-Nut-Discussion] How to use HD44780 on ethernut 1.3H?

DreamCat huayuliang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:25:48 CEST 2011

thanks your reply!

as Ulrich Prinz said, the LCD I used is from backlog of stock, I got many,
it only have some little scratch on its glass.
type is  EW10061GLYU.  it is EDTs product, "Emerging Display Technologies".
but I can't find its datatsheet. only have pin list below:

1 -- VSS
2 -- VDD
3 -- VEE
4 -- RS
5 -- RW
6 -- EN
7 -- D0
8 -- D1
9 -- D2
10 -- D3
11 -- D4
12 -- D5
13 -- D6
14 -- D7
15 -- BACK LIGHT +
16 -- BACK LIGHT -

I have already test it on my breadboard use HD44780 driver. it is worked
with no problem.
here is one of test program I used. download from a german website, it is
very good!

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/AVR-GCC-Tutorial/LCD-Ansteuerung
Control a HD44780 compatible LCD in 4-bit interface mode

in the Nut Configurator, for the HD44780 section, my config below:

LCD_DATA_AVRPORT = "AVRPORTD"
LCD_DATA_BITS = "0xF0"
LCD_ENABLE_AVRPORT = "AVRPORTD"
LCD_ENABLE_BIT = "3"
LCD_REGSEL_AVRPORT = "AVRPORTD"
LCD_REGSEL_BIT = "1"
LCD_RW_AVRPORT = "AVRPORTD"
LCD_RW_BIT = "2"

for the "KS0073_CONTROLLER" , I don't know what's it for my lcd, so I test
all, but don't work yet.

I also have another question about Nut Configrator:
   I do not want use "RW" wire, but in configrator I can't do that.

I also know if I have no correctly wired and initialize, it will display a
black block in whole line 1 , but in my case, it seems it initialize
complete.
I do not remember which time during the simulation in proteus, LCD appeared
garbled. I will re-present it again.

anybody can give me a example for my this test?  endless gratitude.

Best Reguards!

--
【花生】