[En-Nut-Discussion] Phy initialisation on at91 platform

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Mon May 23 12:06:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:53:17AM +0200, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For most at91 based boards Harald implemented a special board
> initialisation in arch/arm/board where the Ethernet PHY will be resetted
> with the boot strap pins set correctly.
>
> in arch/arm/dev/at91_emac.c there is still on special initialisation
> case left for Davicom PHYs. I would like to move this PHY reset to the
> board init as well bot do not want to brake any existing code there...
>
> So is any board depending on this special case in EmacReset() beside of
> our eNet-sam7X board?

For my boards I had to disable the reset completely because I didn't
want the EMAC init routine to reset other external devices, which
share the reset line.
My PHYs always have pin strapping by resistors, so nothing special
required per GPIO.
My assumption is that the board init style should be fine for me.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de