[En-Nut-Discussion] What USB framework for Ethernut

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 29 14:59:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

in the last days, I banged my head against the USB options we have. Obvious
the files in include/dev/usb_stm32 are very device specific and defeat the
purpose of portability with NutOS. I have found several usb options, as
- LUFA, with a suitable free licenses seems quite complete, but as default
only supports AVR8 and AVR32. NXP has a port for LPC parts, but with a
license only usable for NXP parts. However I don't know how we can integrate
into NUTOS without much change in the code, so keeping up to date with the
original library will get hard
- libopencm3 has USB code, but with it's LGPL license it is probably not
suited for NUTOS

Any ideas, opions or ideas?

Thanks
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de