[En-Nut-Discussion] Removed LICENSE_LUMINARY_ANTI_VIRAL requirement for cortex3

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Aug 30 10:32:05 CEST 2012

    Harald> Hi Uwe, On 29.08.2012 14:14, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I replaced the header of our (heavy modified) cortex_interrupt.c
    >> comming from (Stellarislib)/interrupt.c with the header now attached
    >> to (Stellarislib)/interrupt.c. Could people have a look if this is
    >> right and that the LICENSE_LUMINARY_ANTI_VIRAL requirement no longer
    >> is required?

    Harald> Sorry, but this is not the legal way. The original code contains
    Harald> the Luminary license. Only the new code from TI is distributed
    Harald> under BSDL.

    Harald> We are not allowed to replace existing license headers unless we
    Harald> have an explicit permission from the copyright holders. I assume
    Harald> that you don't have, so please revert this change.

Done

    Harald> I'd also suggest to keep the original file names. interrupt.c is
    Harald> sufficient, we do not need to prepend it with cortex, as it is
    Harald> already placed in the cm3 tree.

Unique names help in the debugger, with backtraces etc. But as there is no
other interrupt.c in our source yet, the name is good.

What about following way:
Check in the recent stellarislib/interrupt.c
Extract the needed changes from cortex_interrupt.c
Replace references to cortex_interrupt.c with interrupt.c
Remove the license requirements.

However as I don't have the original luminary/interrupt.c, we are not sure
if the extracted changes are our changes or code from the original file :-(

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de