[En-Nut-Discussion] Feature Request: Create Application Directory" for (q)nutconf

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Feb 8 15:52:40 CET 2012

Hi Ulrich,

> But if you develop lots of your own projects you might not like to
> have all the examples installed.

Yes, I well know this problem. I personally prefer to have a
pre-compiled Nut/OS and to use just a few simple makefiles with my
application, not all this directory hirarchy.

Especialy when deploying Nut/OS as development environment for a board
your customers won't ever compile Nut/OS by their own but just use the
ready build libraries.

So what I would suggest is to add an "Install Nut/OS" which would build
the libraries, install it into a folder and add the necessary makefiles
(just the ones for your compiler setting)

As an example see

http://www.embedded-it.de/bsp-download/webserver_relais_demo.tar.gz

(folder Nut/OS)

I also modified the application standard makefiles to refer to the
pre-installed ones.

Another idea:

This install button could also copy the header files so that one would
not have to install the whole source tree too.

Bye,

Ole

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

http://www.embedded-it.de

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280