[En-Nut-Discussion] Missing file in ethernut-5.2.1.tar.gz

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Nov 26 18:24:54 CET 2013

Hi Harald!

> On 26.11.2013 15:31, Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>> in the latest beta release, nut/Makerules.licenses is missing. Compiling
>> the tree is not possible without this file.
>
> Unfortunately the Linux distcheck builds the tools only, not any Nut/OS
> libs. If new files are added, one should check all Makefile.am and
> nut/tools/packaging/nsis/ethernut.nsi to make sure, that the new files
> will be included in the distribution.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind :)

>> Could you please add the file and upload a new archive to the website?
>
> Fixed.

Thanks!

> If you are a Ethernut project admin (like Ole), you can even replace the
> file in the download area of www.ethernut.de, because this typically
> points to the Sourceforge file area.

Ok, sorry! I was not aware of this fact! Thought the files were hostet
on the webserver.

Concerning the Windows build: I should try to setup a development
environment on Windows as well as currently I'm not able to build
anything on windows and therefor can not test anything there as well.

> I should add, that on Windows the tools (nutconf etc.) are build
> manually and then copied to nut/tools/win32 before running the Lua script.
>
> Right now this is quite bumpy and definitely needs some refinement. Any
> help with enhancing the procedure is most appreciated.
>
> Let me know it _you_ need nay additional help from my side.

Yes, perhaps you could send me a short overview about what is needed to
setup a development environment on Windows? (tools needed) Then I will
try to setup the build there as well. This way I could at least try to
support you with the windows builds as well.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433