[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem using HSI on STM32

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 22 14:26:20 CET 2016

    Ulrich> Hi!  I am (again) proting a project to NutO/S and (again) it is
    Ulrich> based on STM32. While starting to move the project, I tried to
    Ulrich> start a simple demo code on the existing hardware using STM32F1
    Ulrich> DISCOVERY as a base.

    Ulrich> Unfortunately I cannot configure anything to work on STM32F1
    Ulrich> internal HSI by selecting the appropriate settings in qnutconf.

    Ulrich> I thought it should work with: System clock source = SYSCLK_PLL
    Ulrich> PLL Clock Source = PLLCLK_HSI

    Ulrich> All other settings left as default.

    Ulrich> The compile fails with several misconfigured defines, I attached
    Ulrich> the compile output at the end.  I hopefully upgraded to the
    Ulrich> latest repository code but I am truly out of using SVN I use the
    Ulrich> git svn commands for now.

    Ulrich> I wonder about the fact, that when I initially loaded the
    Ulrich> f1_discovery.nut the Device tree was missing and no MPU was
    Ulrich> selected.  I had to click the F103 to get the missing
    Ulrich> selections.

Hello,

argh, why is everybody using F1? Most of my interest in in the newer
families.
And than without HSE. Even on my development head, this configuration failed.

Please try SVN head.

Without any clock setting, especially HSE_VALUE, settup should automatically
use PLL_CLOCK = HSI and 24(F100)/36(F101/F105/F107)/48(F102) or 64 MHz
sysclock.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------