[En-Nut-Discussion] Have anyone implemented an ENC28J60 driver for Nut/OS

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu May 5 00:28:21 CEST 2016

Hi Uwe,

Am 04.05.2016 um 23:49 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
>     Ole> A fried of mine (still Ethernut newbee, but very interested) would
>     Ole> like to use the ENC28J60 together with an STM32 on a eval board.
>
> Why not use a Nucleo-144 Board  with ethernet? Probably not much more
> expensive that some board + ENC28J60, but already tested at least somehow.

Mostly because of educational purposes and because the ENC28J60 are well
known in the Arduino maker scene. In this case, the question is not
"What could be easier" but "what is available and how to learn
something" (e.g. writing an ethernet driver).

He is a guy of our local hackspace :)

> And before starting a ENC28J60 driver, what about a driver for the W5500 ,
> a chip with much more  intelligence?

Isn't the W5500 an ethernet controller with hardwired integrated TCP/IP
Stack? This would mean that you can not use the Nut/NET stack, but have
to use the limited functions of the Wiznet chip? Or did I miss anything?

Best regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts GmbH            Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48         Mob: +49-177-7420433