[En-Nut-Discussion] SVN REV 6452 and 6451

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 23 14:46:15 CEST 2016

Hallo Ole,

can you please explain why you need both patches? I must confess all these
STM32 names are confusing, and I did a lot of errors. After the last rework,
however I think the names are more consistant.

To explain:
- HW_MCU_XXX is used only in the configurator
- MCU_STM32_XXX is used for families and subfamilies and exported in
  the include/cfg headers
- STM32 is finally used to include the device specific vendor header via
  stm32xxxx.h

E.g. Rev 6452 splits MCU_STM32F401 in MCU_STM32F401xC and MCU_STM32F401xE to
no obvious purpose. "MCU_STM32F401" is (or at least should be) defined and
expoted for both MCU_STM32F401xC and MCU_STM32F401xE.

But probably you did that change to fix something...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------